What to Expect
I've been thinking a lot about what content I want to put on this blog. I post my doll pictures to Instagram and plan to post some of them here too, but I want to have different stuff in both places for one simple reason: I want you to visit both places!
Okay, that's not the only reason. The other reason is that blogging provides more opportunities for different kinds of content than Instagram does, and I want to take full advantage of that. With a blog, I can tell more of a story, post tutorials, and more.
For those who don't know, my "other job" is as a writer. I have been doing this professionally for almost 20 years, first as a technical writer and then as a freelance copyrighter. So while blogging isn't as popular as it once was, there's a lot of appeal here for me.
These are the kinds of things I'm planning to post here:
- Pictures and adventures, with more details than you'll find on my Instagram
- Informational posts about dolls I'm interested in or currently working on
- Announcements about upcoming events
- Dolls, clothes, and other items for sale
- Tips and tutorials for doll photography, care, and repair
- Behind-the-scenes stories about thrifting for dolls
- Videos pulled in from my new YouTube channel - I'll have an official announcement about that soon